Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sappy Sugar Ridiculous Love Poem (Reading this may cause cavities)

For Jenna, who I can't do this without...

I would die for you,
brave the fiercest battles,
slay your foes and crush your enemies
while conquering impenetrable strongholds,
just to taste a sip of your love.

I'd climb the highest mountain,
and when there were no more mountains left
I'd gather every mountain, destroy them,
and with their rocks and stones, build an even BIGGER mountain,
just so I could climb it and plant the flag of my love for you
on the peak - a shrine to your goddessness!

If we are apart, I will find you,
no matter the distance, no matter where you are,
I WILL FIND YOU!
I would run through scorching desert to reach you,
and when my legs give out, I will crawl,
and when my arms give out, I will roll,
rolling like a wheel, spinning with the thought of your beauty
spinning in my mind's eye, leading me to you.

To shower you with wealth, I would gather
every piece of coal known to man, forge Superman-heat
on every piece, creating so many diamonds that
they will be like sand in your palm, for we will
no longer need heat - for our eternal love will burn --
all the warmth we will ever, ever, need...

And when you go shopping, I will go with you,
carrying your bags, your servant - semper fi,
When you've had a long day, I will listen to you,
and only speak when spoken to
And if you find you're not in the mood,
I will leave you alone, giving you a backrub
that implies... nothing.

In the throes of thorn-lined raptures and fiery passion,
you... are my religion.


My thoughts are with you Jenna, Prayer winks ;)....

No comments: