Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lines (for Debra)

Hard to stray on the
straight and narrows,
wait, I meant -

In the queue, straight-conform
listless patience wearing thin
and shout of "new queue open"
springs the mob forward -
damn, I was next, but now
I play the patron saint of
second-guessing

HOLD ON! spread that Blow
even, I don't like my ROWS
in my ROWS! If it's mixed,
it's not rows now, IS IT?
Pride in getting high,
precision the key
to ecstasy

Gave a lift to my wife's best friend
blonde, perfect tan, perfect 10
her hand lingered on my thigh
by the end of the ride -
What... to... do?
What... to... say?
What... to... think?

A father kills the man that
murdered his son,
vengeance fulfilled but blurred
by Man's Law -
Justice by means of a
necessary time when
colorblind eyes, are a gift

Hard to stay on the
straight and harrows,
wait, I meant -

No comments: