Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh, Canada! - The Vacation 2006, Part 3A: So, CN Tower, Anyone?

So, who still wants to see some more of Toronto, huh? I know, I know, it's been awhile (again).

When we last left off, I was returning back to the city after a crazy morning visiting Niagara Falls:

Ah, the CN Tower - but first, a few more stops before we make our way there...

Here's the Old City Hall. The giant clocktower reminds me of Big Ben.

This is the new City Hall. Man, it was a bitch to get all those people to
look like they were doing something!

This is the Historic Campbell House - The Last Brick Home
From The Town Of York. At least, that's what the sign at the
front read. Oh yeah, it's open Tuesday thru Friday, 9:30-4:30.

The Speakers Corner - on the left side of the picture, is this really cool booth
where you can leave a video message and stuff for all the people of Canada to
see(if they choose your message). Barenaked Ladies was discovered from this
thing, so it's got some pretty cool roots. But mostly women flash
their boobs in there for a chance at 15 seconds of fame.

Yeah, just a pic of me chill'n. That's about it.

Ah, the Friar & Firkin, my favorite watering hole in all of Toronto.
I spent many a Canadian dollar in there. It's definitely a don't-miss
for anyone visiting from out of town. The place is decked out in red velvet,
old wood, and, well, alcohol - hello!!! What more can you ask for!
Let's go inside...

...This is a Creemore. There are many like it, but this one was mine.

Yes, it was a special day, so I chased my lager with an old stand-by!

A tough part about being Asian is that everyone can tell when you're getting
a buzz. Yeah, I've only had two drinks and I look like I'm ready for my
close-up on COPS.

After pulling myself away - kick and screaming, mind you - from the F&F, we took off to see...

Tadaaaaaaa!!! The Canadian Space Needle!

I rode up on the lift with a bunch of nice old ladies. I tried to get a shot so I could
show you all the view from the elevator, but alas, we were packed in like
sardines. I'm not sure, but I think one of the old ladies grabbed my ass. Is it possible
to be spooked, flabbergasted and flattered all at the same time?

This is one of the see-through floors on the Observation deck. There's a video down
in the lobby showing these kids jumping up and down on it, to illustrate that it's
perfectly safe. I walked on it, but I didn't stomp. However, two minutes after
I walk away a 300 plus man had no qualms about it and decided to see if he could
crack it. Luckily, he didn't, but I think I heard a "creak".

Pretty self explanatory.

The view from the top was great. This was from the Restaurant deck.
And apparently, one of the few shots I could take without getting a
WHOLE REFLECTION of me in it!

I don't know if they put the decal there on purpose, but I thought it was
kinda neat.

Just so you know I was there!

Thanks for coming along, and stay tuned for the exciting conclusion --
of how I got outta Dodge!

Super Winks!... ;)

No comments: