Thursday, October 19, 2006

Conversations in Air Freight: I'm sorry, you're calling about what?

Believe it or not, this is a real phone conversation I had. Only some of the names and parties have been changed to protect their stupidity.

RING!!!!!


Hello?

Good morning, this is "Allison" over at "X Cargo", how are you?

I'm fine.

I'm calling in regards to a package you've sent to "La-Toona". It seems that --

Excuse me, what did you say?

The shipment to "La-Toona"? Yes, there is a temporary embargo, so the shipment cannot be
Collect --

I'm sorry, I don't think I've ever sent anything to a country with that name.

Sir, all we need you to do is change the paperwork to reflect Pre-Paid instead of Collect so we can finish processing the delivery of the package.

Could you tell me the name of the country again? Or at least give me the tracking number?

The number is XXXXXXXXXX, with a country code VNO, in La-Toona.

(set the phone done for a moment, realizing what the heck she's talking about)

Do you mean LITHUANIA!

Uh, yes... so if you can fax over the revised paperwork, that'd be great.

Sure.

CLICK.

No comments: