Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 5: Miyazaki, Horikiritouge, Udojinjya, Sakurajima, Kagoshima...

Due to a bit of a snafu with my image hosting site, looks like I'll be hosting a few pics on MySpace in order to tell at least one story about today. Also, I've thrown in a bit of video -- okay, so I'm not such a slacker after all!

Things I’m learning on the road:

1. Older Japanese folks here are going to out-live me. I’m not saying that to be nice, that’s just a fact.

2. Being the last person on the bus in the morning – even though I’m arriving on time for departure – apparently makes me a douchebag primadonna in the eyes of the other group members. Oh well, only a few more days to go.

3. You know the establishment is reputable when there’s a giant cartoon as the storefront logo.


Here's the video of me trying "Mr. Ed", as promised:







So here's a temple that we visited today. Well, this is still
one of the entrances.


The temple itself is located inside a seaside cave.


There it is in the middle.


So to make a little extra money, they sell these pebbles which
you use to try and toss into the middle of this ring. It's for
good luck or something, but all I know is, it seems
women have the best aim here.

Here's the video of one lucky lady's toss:






Just as a side note: Is it just me, or is this Fanta can
just completely out of control?

Day 6 coming soon, with more pics, hopefully... ;)

No comments: