Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 4: Kumamotojyo, Takajou, Kirishmajingu, Miyazakichiho Boku

Things I’m leaning on the road related to Tour Groups:

1. Japanese tour groups LOVE taking the group photo. They sit in rows, looking like a graduating class photo or something aka – Graduates of Stone Castle Museum 2008! Woo-Hoo!

2. It’s possible to be anyone you want to be in a tour group. For instance, my folks are pretending that I’m a recent High School Graduate. The group bought it, so now they ask me where I’ve applied to. I don’t know how long I can keep the ruse up.

3. Sometimes it’s better not to know too much about your travel companions’ relationship. The older gentleman and his young “partner” would rather keep it quiet to the group that the gentleman is taking his mistress out on holiday. It’s the elephant in the room, and we all don’t mind the squeeze.


Morning in Yamaga.





The outer wall of Kumamoto Castle.

The castle itself, after passing through two layers.

Yeah, trying talking to THAT hand.

View from the top.

Combus tible? At least the translations are better than
the Chinese.



Yep, Meg Ryan herself selling coffee too!


Suizenji Jojuen Garden. The little boy is teasing the fish.








Night view of Miyazaki.

Dinner was French Cuisine, as done by Japanese
chefs. That's Steve the Tour Guide
near the bottom right.


It seemed that we were in for a bit of trickery.


As objects may appear larger, but are actually
not.

Mmmm, mid-sized?


Yeah, in my dreams!

Day 5 and whatever comes next on the way, depending on
internet availability as always... ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#3 - way tooo much information. Thought I heard it wrong that day...