Thursday, April 05, 2007

Jury Duty: Day 4 - Closure Is At Hand, Right?...

It's finally over.

All is said, all is done.

I tossed my badge ID into a pile started by my fellow jurors, then grabbed my Certification of Service from the female clerk. She did not smile nor nod. I was just part of her daily routine.

That certificate wasn't just a piece of paper. I was holding 4 days of my life in my hands, ever so gently. 4 days that will linger in my mind for awhile.

I'm glad to have done my duty, but still sad at the outcome. Some of the rookie jurors wondered what was gonna happen next to the defendants.

Me? I try not to think about it. 'Cause that ain't my job anymore...

**I'm pretty beat. I'm gonna adjourn for now, but I'll be back with the story and let you decide whether or not fate played a part in all this... ;)

No comments: