Thursday, September 13, 2007

Open-Mike Night On Checkout #6...

I was at the Supermarket the other evening (God, why do all the funniest things happen when I go shopping, but I digress) and this Scruffy old man was right in front of us.

Needless to say, he took forever to pay the cashier, but he did something that was totally worth the wait.

"Gather 'round!," he shouted. "I'm gonna tell you all a joke, and I'm sorry if you've heard this one, but I guarantee that this is funny!"

The people around the checkout lines, the store manager and the bag boy and girl all stared at him, myself included. He raises his arms as if Moses on the mountaintop, and goes:

"What did Paris Hilton's Right Knee say to the Left Knee?"

We're all silent, waiting with anticipation.

"Nothing -- they've never met!"

A collective groan and muffled laughter erupts all over the checkout lines. Mothers with young children where aghast. I wouldn't blame them.

It was pretty damn dirty, and pretty damn funny, and God, it hits you right in the forehead.

Of course, proper decorum must be restored, so the manager came by and told the old man to keep it down, and the old man obliged.

But he knew he killed, and that's all that mattered.

After taking another hella-forever to pay for his items, he smiled at the checkout girl and said, "I'll be back later."

And may fortune bless me with another run-in with this "Supermarket Comic"... ;)

o.g. 091107

No comments: