Monday, September 17, 2007

2007 Emmys: My Strange Highlights Of Last Night...

As some of you may or may not know, I sometimes attend the Emmy Awards.

Highlights in my mental scrapbook:

1. I accidentally walked right into Robert Duvall -- twice. "Excuse me," he'd say, as I apologized profusely. That man is a true gentleman -- to put up with my curse of clumsiness.

2. While finding an empty spot during a commercial break, Ron Jeremy sat behind me. I thought about introducing myself, but then I'd have to shake his hand, and sadly, I KNOW where it's been.

3. Watching Tony Bennett perform live -- on the award show and then at the Governor's Ball. That was a real treat.

4. Running into Jerry Ferrara (Turtle, from Entourage) at the Men's restroom. Hey, even stars have to tinkle sometime. But you don't always believe it until you see it for yourself.

5. And finally, trailing behind Chandra Wilson (Grey's Anatomy) while exiting out of the Shrine Auditorium. While she took some photos with a few crazy-obsessed fans, I was behind her in the photos -- it looked like I was part of her entourage. It made me feel "special".

Well, I think that's enough name-dropping. Thanks for allowing me to indulge my inner "Hollywood douchebag".

Back to regularly scheduled programming in a bit... ;)

o.g. 9/16/07

No comments: