Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Cooked by an Asian Slacker...

So, how does one turn all this...

... Into something that resembles an edible, holiday feast?
Well, let me show ya!

Took this bad-boy out of the wrapper and
chucked it into the oven at 350 degrees for 3 1/2 hours.
Yeah, as long as my reading comprehension didn't fail me,
I was on the right track!

This is my Patent-Pending Green Beans with Le Creme' sauce -
a.k.a. Frozen Green beans with Cream of Mushroom Soup,
cream and chopped mushrooms, baked with cheese on top.

Southwestern-style Corn a.k.a. grilled corn with Olive Oil,
keep warm at 250 degrees. By the way, it's not that there's
two different versions - I just ran out of other corning-ware
so I just served it in that one. But it did trip my guests out.

I was building up quite the collection as the hours wore on...

Taking a moment to get a vanity shot before I moved onto...

... The SCALLOPED POTATOES IN A BOX! Woo-Hoo!
I had to do a little bit of multiplication math, and it was touch
and go there for a minute, but I hung in there and got it done.

Mmmm! Yellow! Hoo-rah for freeze-dried processing! The
only other real ingredient I added was shredded mozzarella,
which helps to sell the "Old-Style Cooking" effect.

Turkey, potatoes, and green beans slow-cooking away!
Only a few more items left.

I had a free minute between stirring and baking, so I thought
I'd set up the arena most ricky-tick!

Alas, I even cheated on the stuffing! But it's hard to go wrong with
Stove-Top Stuffing...

... See what I mean! If you add a bit of chicken stock to
the water mixture, it tastes like you've been slaving at it
all day!

The Cheese-over-cheese is what also helps sell the
potatoes-in-a-box. Notice the golden crust?
Just like on the package! Score!

Here's me taking regular canned cranberry sauce and
kicking it up a notch! I added diced pears, some water
and strawberry preserve to the mixture, heated back up
to a boil and voila! Le Cranberry with Pear Chutney Glaze!

Let sit for about 5 minutes and it's good to go!

All right! The bird is done!

Some vanity shots of my side dishes. And no, I didn't
bake the Pumpkin Pie - it was kindly store bought by
my friend.

I'm giddy making the "first incision" - on the bag!

See the little popper? That's how you can tell it's done!
Ain't science great?

The ceremonial transfer of the turkey from the tin to the
serving plate, you know, just to make this feast a little
less slackerized.

Ah, all the elements are in place...

Making the 2nd "first incision" on the actual bird. Verdict
was in - cooked all the way through, and still juicy!

Now to serve it to my wonderful guests.

Feast is served! And I got the timer on the camera to work on the
first try!

Happy Thanksgiving To All!

Now, let's go shopping!... ;)

No comments: