Thursday, September 14, 2006

Old Tag - 6 interests/habits I picked up from Ex-girlfriends

By now, most of you should be familiar with this game, but if you're not - I'm sure you will be at some point in your blogging life.

Rules are: List 6 weird things abour yourself, and then, TAG 6 other people to reveal 6 weird things about themselves.

However, since I've been around this block before, I'm doing mine on...

6 interests/habits I picked up from Ex-girlfriends

6. Gilmore Girls - I started watching it on the nudging of the most recent ex. I Netflixed the pilot episode... and I've been hooked since. However, learning to listen to rapid-firing gatling-gun a la' Spencer/Tracy style dialogue did take some getting used to. I'm proud to say that I have mastered the art of Gilmore-isms and Lorelai-diosyncracies.

5. Cooking - It was from an ex who complained that she did all the cooking which really drove me to, well, get my butt into the kitchen. This also began my small obsession with the Food Network, which kind of drove her nuts as well. Or was it my pasta primavera?

4. Learning to take better pictures - Although I went to school to learn how to shoot film, I was never really good behind the camera. Again, after much beratement from an ex that told me my pictures sucked, she helped shape my eye for angles, subjects, and lighting. I now take better group photos because of her.

3. To not answering a question with another question - This one was a hard habit to break, and I still do it from time to time, but at least I catch myself doing it nowadays. Yeah, a lot of nothing fights that start with "I ASKED YOU FIRST!" comes to mind.

2. Watching Independent films - All right, I should have been doing this already, but it was an ex who was a hard-core film buff that pushed me to appreciate smaller, intimate cinema. Of course, I didn't stay awake through all of them, but honestly, who does? But the ones I have seen, I love. Which reminds me - go and see "Little Miss Sunshine". It rules!

1. Always minding the toilet seat - Luckily, it only took me one ex to learn that
all- important lesson, which I'll probably carry with me for the rest of my life.

Usually, I don't tag, but I hope 6 of you that read this will want to be self-tagged, so, I tagged ya!

In any case, thanks for reading!... ;)





No comments: