Tuesday, May 29, 2007

NZ: Leaving Te Kuiti Pt.2, Passing through Huntly, and Waiwera...

Leaving Te Kuiti, Huntly and Waiwera

Ah, morning at 6 AM, fog as thick as wool...

...This was TOTALLY worth getting up early for.

Dad actually had a 1 minute conversation with this
goat. The goat would go "ehhhhh", then my Dad would
go "ehhhh", and soon, it just walked away. I suppose it
was just all "talked out".

Well, looks like it's back to Auckland for us!

This is Huntly, a small town like many, though it boasts
a Thermal Power Plant that makes for a nice little
photo op. I should know: I accidentally wandered too close
to an Asian tour group that stopped there and nearly
got drafted onto the bus. Yikes!


There were many cow fields, but this one I liked the most.

Anyone know what Underfloor Heating is? Dying to know...

The further out you are, the more the Emergency Telephones
ACTUALLY look like Giant Telephones. Very helpful.

This Honey Center is right around Waiwera, a low coastal
region that kind reminds me of Palos Verdes in CA.

So THAT'S how they bottle honey! Man, was I WAAAY off!

The Waiwera Infinity Spa Resort is fun for the whole family:
kids dig the water slides and giant pools, and Mommy and Daddy
can kick it at the Spa. I recommend the 1 hour massage after
a nice soak in the hot tubs.


Next up:
More places around Auckland!

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: