Friday, May 16, 2008

It'd Be Cuter If My Father Was A 5-Month-Old Baby...

Morning commutes with my father riding shotgun are seldom boring.

As per the rules of the carpool, the driver is in control of the "Audio Entertainment". My father LOVES to mock this rule.

I flick in a James Blunt CD, and crank up the song "You're Beautiful" because I felt the morning needed that dose of "Rom-Com mood" to get us that much closer to the office.

Then my father decided the morning needed more "humor."

Every time James sings the chorus lines "You're beautiful," my father makes a fart noise with his tongue.

So the chorus flowed like this:

You're Beautiful (thwpppppp!)
You're Beautiful (thwpppppp!)
You're Beautiful, it's true... (THWPPPPPP!)

I saw her face (thwpppppp!), in a crowded place (thwpppppp!)...

I think you get the idea.

I wasn't really mad; just, bemused by this turn of events. I guess you can say he's just not really into "silent protest."

But hey, fart noises or not, I'm more sure than ever that I really am his offspring... ;)

P.S. If anyone wants me to demonstrate my father's impression of the song on YouTube, let me know -- I just might be crazy enough to do it for ya'll... ;)

No comments: