Friday, October 05, 2007

Awww Dad! Setting Me Up For A Perfect "Family Guy" Moment...

To cap off this week of stories revolving around my dad, I'd like to share something that happened just today:

I was commenting on a buddy of mine's wedding, and how it's turning into this big fiasco, when my father goes, "Now remember: when YOU get married, make sure you don't make it SOOO extravagant. You're NOT Prince Charles.

And of course, I couldn't help myself.

"Really, Dad? You mean that I'm not a member of the royal family who will fall madly in love with a woman, only to marry an even more GORGEOUS woman with a commoner status, yet secretly harbor feelings for the other woman while being married 20 or so years to one of the greatest iconic figures of the 20th Century? And then, because I have no concept of real estate, buy up large amounts of land across the U.K. only to never develop it because I'm too busy trying to find the difference between my Bow and Aft? And on top of that, pursue the woman I was meant to be with all along, although she now looks like she has a permanent grimace from eating too much grapefruit? Then yeah - no, I'm not Prince Charles.

"Just keep it simple," my father replies.

Peter Griffin would be so proud of me...

Have a great weekend, friends! And I'll catch ya'll on the flipside... ;)

No comments: